Last updated on March 22, 2023.
- What does this policy cover?
- What does this policy not cover?
- What information do you collect about me?
- How will you use the data you collect about me?
- Do you share my data with anyone else?
- How long will you keep my information?
- Who can I contact if I have questions?
What does this policy cover?
This policy covers the data Aspire Budgeting LLC ("we") collect about you ("user"), what we do with it, why we collect it, and how you can access it. This policy also covers both the add-on and web application ("App") and the public marketing site ("Marketing Site").
What does this policy not cover?
This policy does not cover what any third-party services do with your data. We partner with trustworthy companies to perform tasks such as connecting to your financial institutions and securely processing your billing information. The third-party services we use and the reasons are:
What information do you collect about me?
Information you provide to us
- Google account information: When you subscribe to our services or install our add-on, Google provides us with the name and email address associated with your Google account. When you link your spreadsheets to Aspire Budgeting, we store the unique identifier of your spreadsheet so we can write your transactions data to it.
- Billing details: You may provide us with your billing details. We direct you to a trusted third-party processing service, without your billing details ever passing through or being stored on our servers.
- Email address: We save your email address when you subscribe to our services or when you opt-in to our newsletter. Your email address remains confidential and is not shared with any external entities beyond our trusted partners. You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time.
- Financial details: When you link to your bank via Aspire Budgeting, we are able to pull information about your accounts, transactions, and balances. We do not have access to your personal bank credentials. We only have read-only access to your account and we are not able to make any changes to your bank accounts. When you use our services, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of the privacy policies of our partners, and you expressly grant aggregation partners the right, power, and authority to access and transmit your information as reasonably necessary in order for us to provide our services to you.
Information collected through technology
- Usage data: While you navigate the Marketing Site and use the App, our analytics tools will gather insights on your usage patterns, device information, browser type, and IP address. This information helps us evaluate the effectiveness of our Marketing Site and App and discover areas where we may be able to improve our services.
- Email tracking pixels: We will send you a welcome email when you first start using our services. You may also opt-in to receiving our newsletter on the Marketing Site. These emails contain a tracking pixel that lets us know if you have opened and engaged with them. This information helps us evaluate our communications and enhance our services.
How will you use the data you collect about me?
We gather information about you to operate our product and deliver the services outlined on our Marketing Site. These services include, but are not limited to:
- showing a list of your financial accounts and their connection status.
- writing your transactions and balances data into your spreadsheets.
- sending you relevant information, such as updates, notifications, and support messages.
- helping you troubleshoot or correct a software bug, with your permission. If at any point we need to access your data to help you with a support case, we will ask for your consent before proceeding.
The privacy and security of your data is incredibly important to us. Aspire Budgeting never sees your bank credentials, sells your data, or serves ads, and we never view your information without your expressed permission. We cannot see the data in your spreadsheets and can only access your spreadsheets if you explicitly give us permission during a support request. We are unable to access your spreadsheets unless you share them with us using Google's document sharing feature.
We do not store your transactions data on our servers. Your financial data is written directly to your spreadsheets as it's collected from trusted third-party services.
Do you share my data with anyone else?
We share only essential information with trusted third-party partners for the purposes of operating our services. A list of these partners can be found above. Your data is never for sale, as our revenue is solely generated from our subscription service.
How long will you keep my information?
We'll securely retain your data while you're an active user, either trial or paid. Upon cancellation, or if your subscription expires, your information will be deleted within 30 days.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Contact us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to help.